• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hey Everyone :)

JennyWill

Hey everyone,
My name is Jenny. I'm 28, I live in NC with my husband and 2 young children. I do not yet have a surgery date but I have completed all my pre-op procedures and tests. So, now I'm just waiting to hear from them after reviewing all my results. I'm excited, nervous, scared, I think I have felt every emotion there is since I made the decision to move forward with surgery. I'm open to any and all advice and opinions. Anything that will help me be more informed and more prepared for what is to come in the next weeks through years. Well, good luck to you all, no matter where you are in your journey and I look forward to "meeting" lots of new supportive friends here. :)

Hi JennyWill, Welcome. This is a great place for support. I rember the emotional rollercoaster while I was waiting, it is normal to be excited, scared, nervouse and anxiouse. Just follow the directions from your doctor, start chewoing your food up real well and testing different protien drinks but don't stock up because your taste in flavors might change after surgey and then you could get stuck with a bunch of shake mixes you cant drink:p. There are a lot of great folks here to help and answer questions and share their jopurneys. :cool: Tom

Welcome jennywill
hi i am right there with ya had all my test etc. See surgeon tommorow and then they submit papers to insurance co. Been waiting since jan, for this day to happen & praying for speedy process from here on out.
I too feel as if i have faced more anxiety, nervousness, happiness and second quessing should i do this, my inner person wants this desperately so i can be healthy for life and not keep caring around all this "baggage of weigh & health issues.
This room is full of wonderful people who'll listen and answer your ? They've been so good to me since i joined in jan.
I hope you get good news and don't have to wait as long as i have.
Better and happier day's are ahead.
Welcome to this room
donna

welcome to the group, I have been feeling all those crazy jumbled up feelings as well! They say here on the forums that it is very normal....excited and hapyy for you that you are so close to surgery!

Thanks for the welcome! I have found the boards to be so helpful and offer so much support. Its so wonderful to give and receive support from people who you can so closely relate to. I received a call from my surgeon's nurse today, she said she has reviewed my file and turned it over to the admin. dept. and they will be calling me to schedule a surgery date. With that phone call the feeling of "oh my goodness, this is really going to happen". However, even though the call made me nervous, I still feel very sure abou my decision to keep moving forward. I assume most people do get the jitters, even if they are confident in their decision to move forward. Well, thanks again everyone.

Back