• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi all, Excited to be here , Im new

thank you all...what a fantastic group....I am going to my consult tomorrow am ...Im praying that things go well...and I get the surgery first part of

next year....Question .....They talk about using staples to do the surgery , my question is ....has anyone had any issues with staples as far as
metal detectors? :)......also, , do they stay in for life ? im thinking if there is staples ..my body will react to them

thank you all...what a fantastic group....I am going to my consult tomorrow am ...Im praying that things go well...and I get the surgery first part of

next year....Question .....They talk about using staples to do the surgery , my question is ....has anyone had any issues with staples as far as
metal detectors? :)......also, , do they stay in for life ? im thinking if there is staples ..my body will react to them

Outside, I had stitches and surgical tape.
Inside, I don't know but staples will not set off a metal detector.

But, most implanted medical anything (nuts, bolts, plates, devices, etc.)won't set off a metal detector. If they implant anything that will they provide you with card to show security at the time so you don't have any issues.

I had my consult Nov. 17, 2022..welcome!!!

Back