• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi Everyone, I was away on vacation this past 8 or 9 days so..

dancinbr

I didn't get much of a chance to post and/or respond to posts.

My wife and I on a spur of the moment (cabin fever) said lets get the heck out of here!

So, we took a timeshare in Alexandria, Va just outside of Washington, DC. We stayed in Old town Alexandria.

We had a wonderful time. Plenty to do. We didn't care about weather. It was cold on Long Island and more snow was on its way. So we got away from it old. It was a little warmer in Washington, DC but we didn't care. We were dressed appropriately.

The first couple of days we purchase a "big bus" on and off touring package plus we bought a night touring package. We were out there in the cold walking the Lincoln memorial, the Korean War Memorail, The Martin Luther King Memorial, the Vietnam wall and so on and so forth. To say the least we got plenty of exercise each day. When not touring we did museums. This time around we visited the Natural American Histrory museum featuring all the first ladies inaugural dresses. They were all so very beautiful.

We also visited the Holocaust Museum. This is a sobering and terrifying reminder of probably one of the darkest eras of modern time.

I followed my program pretty well. I did over 1200 calories a couple of times. However, the exercise was excessive so it more than compensated for the overage.

Now, I am back to basics. Hi protein, low carbs and under 1200 again.

I will see what happened to my weight tomorrow officially. Until then I am saying nothing. I know I didn't gain any weight.

Ralph

WELCOME home Ralph!!! Sounds like you had a great time. :) We missed you. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you.

WELCOME home Ralph!!! Sounds like you had a great time. :) We missed you. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you.

I should have posted an away message.

I did respond to a few posts that were occurring during the week, but not my normal rate.

We will sit down tomorrow and do some catching up.

Tomorrow is my bariatric group meeting.

Ralph

Back