• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi everyone

Hi Gabriel, can you tell us a little about you? Have you had surgery yet, or are you waiting? How old are you? How long have you had problems with overeating? What are hoping for? We love to talk here and you can ask us anything, although sometimes the answer will be "that's a question for your doctor."

I'm Diane and I had surgery back in 2008. My Dad died in December 2007 with heart conditions and diabetes. Looking at his legs and watching his mobility suffer to the point where he was unable to be a landscape architect, which was his claim to fame, was unbelievable for me. I thought people just dropped dead when it was their time. But my dad and two of my siblings with similar disease profiles just lingered on, with multiple maladies. Once my dad was in one wing and my baby brother was in another wing of the same hospital.

I had surgery and it tattooed my brain. I have never even been close to backsliding to my old obese self. I lost 115 pounds with the help of the Roux en Y gastric bypass surgery and have donated my cadaver to the local medical school for research. They did my surgery, so they get to take me apart and see what's under the hood.

What part of the world are you in? Married? Kids? Animals? Serious health concerns? Talk to us.

Welcome!

Back