• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi from Maple Valley Wa

Had my sugary on 11/3/2016
Due to complications (tumors) my surgery lasted 6 hours and I was in the hospital for 5 days.
The biggest problem I have had is lack of energy.Had to sleep downstairs for a few days because climbing the stairs was to difficult.I actually fell a few times and needed help getting up.
Things go much better after my feeding tube came out on 12/8.
Went to the gym today and was able to do 7 minutes on treadmill and some other stuff.
No problems eating anything in small amounts.
Down 65 # from Oct when I started getting ready.
Doc says I am poster boy for this surgery.

Due to complications (tumors) my surgery lasted 6 hours and I was in the hospital for 5 days.
The biggest problem I have had is lack of energy.Had to sleep downstairs for a few days because climbing the stairs was to difficult.I actually fell a few times and needed help getting up.
Went to the gym today and was able to do 7 minutes on treadmill and some other stuff.

Congrats Bud!! That's great that you are already down 65lbs and doing 7 minutes on the treadmill!! Keep up the great work and please keep us all updated as your weight continues to fall off ;)

Glad to hear you are doing better. I've been having issues with energy and falling myself. No falls in a week, but still low on energy. I'm hoping to finally begin exercising this week so that my weight loss will be more. Since my surgery, 12/6, I've only lost 22.2 pounds.

Back