• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi guys!!!

shantell500

My name is Shantell. I'm 32 years old 5'4 220lbs. I've been researching and planning having the sleeve gastrectomy for over a year now. I am so exvited to just get this tool to help me furyher my weight loss efforts.

My name is Shantell. I'm 32 years old 5'4 220lbs. I've been researching and planning having the sleeve gastrectomy for over a year now. I am so exvited to just get this tool to help me furyher my weight loss efforts.

Hi Shantell! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

You will be so happy you decided to go for weight loss surgery. It totally changed my life!

Good Luck!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi Shantell, I'm Nisey. Welcome to the Forum. I'm having the RNY on June 24th. I'm doing the liquid diet right now for two weeks before my surgery. It's supposed to shrink your Liver. I'm very excited to be getting the surgery over with so I can get back to eating food, lol. I'm glad you could join us here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. We are here for you. :)

Shantell=Hello! I am having surgery a RNY 6-23-2015. Welcome to the group and you are going to have so much support and knowledge here. I have been spending time reading lots of posts here and it has helped me a lot. Nisey and I are talking a lot because our surgeries are within a day of eachother!! So it will be nice to hear your story too. Do you have a surgery date yet? I found out my surgery was approved on 5-21 and here I am less than a month later only a few days away from the operation! I am excited. I want to do everything right and have it all work out so well for me. I hope you decide to go ahead with surgery and I bet it will be a great tool to help you feel better and be so much more comfortable. Good to hear from you and good luch with your plans=Keep us posted.

Dee

Hi shantell500
I'm new here too. My name is hannahdogy....AKA ...Linda.... I'm 56 years old 5'4" 219lbs starting weight 228lbs... I'm just starting my journey as of June 2,2015. I'm on my pre-op "diet" I have to practice eating 3 servings of protein, 1 serving of non starchy veggies. 2 servings of starch, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of fat. I'm on 1200 calories a day. My Dr has me eating each one of these foods one at a time and no liquids while eating. I'm going on three weeks and in my second week I had
lost 9lbs. I don't have a surgery date as of yet. I'm having my surgery through Kaiser and the bariatric team has a lot of steps to do before they give you a date. I'm like most of you here that haven't had surgery yet. Very nervous and excited at the same time. I'm very excited to be a part of this forum and to learn and to get/give support.

Back