• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi I’m Jenna and I’m new

Jenna2747

Hi everyone, my name is Jenna. I am two weeks preop, a little nervous, and the liquid diet is rough. Food is very much at the forefront of my mind. How many shakes should I be drinking a day? Will the hangry get less? I have the support of my husband who is doing the liquid diet with me. (He is amazing) will I loose weight drinking only shakes?

I was liquids only myself and the first few days were rough and then it was like a switch flipped and I didn’t feel hungry anymore. I didn’t personally lose much during this time but I’ve seen people lose over 20 pounds during that time. Everybody is different. Your surgeons office should have given you guidelines to follow as each liver shrinking diet seems to be different. I was liquids only. Some people get one meal a day. Contact your team so you know exactly what they want you to do

Hello and welcome!
Every surgeons pre-op diet is so different you really should ask your team how many shakes you can have if you aren't sure.

You will ALWAYS lose weight with a calorie deficit(eating less calories than you burn), no matter what you eat. How much and how fast will differ but you will lose weight.

Hi everyone, my name is Jenna. I am two weeks preop, a little nervous, and the liquid diet is rough. Food is very much at the forefront of my mind. How many shakes should I be drinking a day? Will the hangry get less? I have the support of my husband who is doing the liquid diet with me. (He is amazing) will I loose weight drinking only shakes?
My doctor recommended 3 shakes a day and maybe popsicles or soup(1oz every 15 min) that’s creamy or broth. I like to use regular chicken noodle soup and then strain the broth because it has more flavor and is more substantial than broth that is in a can. I lost 15 pounds on the pre op liquid diet. You can do this ! Wishing you well on your recovery and journey

Back