• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi I’m new here

Hi I’m new here. I had my gastric sleeve done last Thursday (12/14) and came home the afternoon of the 15th. I am trying to get into a routine but trying to get all of the fluids down is a challenge. Tried a protein shake yesterday which was a complete failure. Today better with yogurt.

I used to measure my fluid, meaning my water. I didn't count any other fluid in my requirements, only water.

I had a Camelbak with a backpack holder and the bite valve was in a long tube you could just stick in your mouth and bite and then swallow a little water dozens of times a day:

1702943936379.png

it takes all the guesswork and difficulty out of it. It's flat enough to fit under your coat or sweater. and when it's empty, you've met your water goal.

p.s.: everyone has a different experience with fluid intake. With me, it's water and only water, for dozens of scientific reasons you can read about on various government internet sites. I believe my love of water did me really well, as I lost 35 pounds in my first month, 25 in my second, 15 in my third and my total was 115 over 14 months. Do not underestimate the power of drinking water in your post-op phase. You will succeed beyond your wildest dreams. Don't bother with those shakes and protein powder drinks. They have calories and they constitute food, so they have to go through the digestive process, which can cause you to stall or even gain. Let water do its work: flushing out fat, toxins, moving foods quickly through the intestines and hydrating your skin so you don't get wrinkles as you lose weight. Water be praised!

Back