• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi I am in Augusta Ga

It's a roller-coaster ride, for sure. If I could do it again, I'd tell myself to calm down and watch. I was getting upset over little things like them wanting to remove a gold anklet that had been given me by my lover. I wanted them to leave it on & wrap tape over it. I remember this fury better than a lot of other points I wish I remembered.

I confess, I don't know the process of laparoscopic surgery, which most people get now. It was major, big incision, two to three days in hospital, pain meds and unable to get out of bed at home without assistance. I do know it's not as horrible as what I went through, and members describe discomforts but seem to pride themselves in their ability to refuse painkillers.

Enjoy your jitters. They'll add a humorous element to your story when you tell it later and may help someone else realize they don't have to be so afraid when they go through it.

Back