• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi! I am new here and my surgery is 7/16/15

Smiles

I have been reading your threads and they are all very helpful. I am excited/nervous and scared all at the same time. I am having this surgery to rid of my Diabetes, high blood pressure and hopefully help my fibromyalgia! That being said, I am gathering all of this stuff and most everything has Aspartame and that causes my Fibro to flare terribly. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am so happy I have found such a wonderful and supportive group!!

:) Happy Losing!!!

I have been reading your threads and they are all very helpful. I am excited/nervous and scared all at the same time. I am having this surgery to rid of my Diabetes, high blood pressure and hopefully help my fibromyalgia! That being said, I am gathering all of this stuff and most everything has Aspartame and that causes my Fibro to flare terribly. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am so happy I have found such a wonderful and supportive group!!

WELCOME to the Forum!!!

A sweetener called Truvia is natural and tastes great like sugar. My suggestion, Make your own diet drinks and diet snacks and stay away from Aspartame if you can.

Good Luck!

Cheyenne

I prefer stevia and there are many items with it in it now as sugar substitute esp in stores like whole foods

Today was your surgery day. Hope all went well! Keep us posted as soon as you feel well enough!

Cheyenne

I hope all went well. I go for my bypass on 8-3-15. Any words of advice? I am going to start my liquid diet on the 27th of July so I am ready for the 3rd of August. I will be posting my experience on here so please feel free to look me up ;)

Back