• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

HI , Im new here..

@planasnev

HI im new here. i had revisional gastro by pass 08/22/23. I was 235 pounds, doctor put me in liquids diets 15 days before the surgery and i lost 16 pounds in this period. tomorrow is going to be one month after surgery i just lost 14 pounds in one month.. 30 pounds in total. But now Im STALLED the scale doesnt move anymore.:(..

Stalls are a normal part of the journey. Most people hit a stall fairly soon after surgery. You just lost a tone of weight. Your body wants to know if your starving.
Also, after the first big loss (which for you happened with your pre-surgery diet) weight comes off slower. 8 pounds per week is unsustainable and unhealthy for a long period of time.

As long as you are working the program, it will work for you. Most people take up to 18 months to lose the excess weight. Be patient.

I agree with missyinacage, as long as we stick to the plan, you will start to lose weight again. We didnt put it all on in a day and its not going to come off in a day. Be patient, im sure you are doing everything right. Your body is just adjusting to your new diet, metabolism etc. It sounds like you are doing great as far as what you have already lost! Congrats?

Varying your daily diet slightly can help. Like swapping what you eat when, nothing crazy just change up the order for a week and see if that helps. Also ease into exercise. I can barely get through a 5 hour shift at work, without getting a little lightheaded (especially if I forget to stop and sip every 15 mins.) and I walk the dogs with my husband as much as possible which is about a 1.5 miles in 45 mins. each day. I usually sleep in or nap the next day bc it takes so much energy out of me to exercise on a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD). I wouldn't waste money on a gym membership until you try a few youtube videos at home or try walking outside and see how the exercise effects you. Still do whatever you enjoy, everyone's journey is unique, and you are worth the investment!

HI im new here. i had revisional gastro by pass 08/22/23. I was 235 pounds, doctor put me in liquids diets 15 days before the surgery and i lost 16 pounds in this period. tomorrow is going to be one month after surgery i just lost 14 pounds in one month.. 30 pounds in total. But now Im STALLED the scale doesnt move anymore.:(..
I hate the stalls! Hold the course and it will pass. Truly.

Back