• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi new here from Maine

Hi. My name is Kathy. I have been in a program for 11 months and am waiting for a surgery date. The surgeon didn't put in the orders before he left for paternity leave (good for him for taking it. I was told last week that the other surgeon would do it. Today I received a call asking if I had done the psych consult. I did it on April 3rd. I guess the surgeon figured I hadn't completed the program, which is why he didn't put in the orders. Ugh. So frustrating!

I am excited to

Hi Shotputqueen, congratulations on making progress. You will find this group informative. I'm down in Boston. Actually, the office team of the surgeon I had did not put in any orders or insurance authorizations until I had completed all preliminary steps. I had to let them know, and in fact, the admin assistant told me when I asked that a lot of people start, but never complete the prelim appointments..so they were pleasantly surprised each time a patient told them they completed the process.

Hi Shotputqueen, congratulations on making progress. You will find this group informative. I'm down in Boston. Actually, the office team of the surgeon I had did not put in any orders or insurance authorizations until I had completed all preliminary steps. I had to let them know, and in fact, the admin assistant told me when I asked that a lot of people start, but never complete the prelim appointments..so they were pleasantly surprised each time a patient told them they completed the process.
I actually grew up in Somerville.

Back