• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi there

lehsad

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so im about 4 yrs post op and gained 60 pounds. Dr recommeded a support group cause i having been doing too well to say the least. I went from 350 plus to 200 to 260 now im at 237. Extremely anxious depressed and frustrated but i have a counselor and im trying to get my mind right. I take no pills cause drs ive seen will prescribe none and honestly although it may help it wont solve a thing so i rather just deal, or learn to deal i should say. So far not good. I admit i was very suicidal but ive decided to just stay positive and keep moving which is way harder than it sounds for me at least. I feel like a failure and fat and ugly as hell. But i mean only i can switch things up. Sooooo any tips for post op weight gain and coping with stress anger and frustration of weight gain is needed and really appreciated. I can do all things through christ who strengthens me. Not giving up just gotta get a grip

My faith teaches us that as long as their is life in the body is hope. Faith in God and yourself is what is needed first. I cried yesterday myself looking at myself in the mirror feeling alot like you. I haven't had surgery yet not scheduled until the 17th, but I understand hopelessness and helplessness, see I attempted sucide twice and had it not been for divine intervention I wouldn't be here to tell you that regardless of the weight you are loved and appreciated; by none other the almighty God. Your journey may be slow and sometimes you may reach a snarl but you will get moving one baby step at a time. I went from 165 pounds in 2006 to 256 in 2014. Along with that weight came a divorce, death of my mother, foreclosure on my home, thief of all my furniture and clothing yes the movers stole it all, and thyroid cancer. I couldn't understand why this was happening to me, and without knowing being aware I eat to ease my emotional pain. Through the help of counsler and my faith I am beginning to know that only I can change the course of my journey one baby step at a time. I decided that I needed to put me first, not before God, but before trying o making others happy at my expense. So dust yourself off, forgive yourself, and begin today knowing your worthy of all God's blessing. I will always be here for you...please don't give up.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so im about 4 yrs post op and gained 60 pounds. Dr recommeded a support group cause i having been doing too well to say the least. I went from 350 plus to 200 to 260 now im at 237. Extremely anxious depressed and frustrated but i have a counselor and im trying to get my mind right. I take no pills cause drs ive seen will prescribe none and honestly although it may help it wont solve a thing so i rather just deal, or learn to deal i should say. So far not good. I admit i was very suicidal but ive decided to just stay positive and keep moving which is way harder than it sounds for me at least. I feel like a failure and fat and ugly as hell. But i mean only i can switch things up. Sooooo any tips for post op weight gain and coping with stress anger and frustration of weight gain is needed and really appreciated. I can do all things through christ who strengthens me. Not giving up just gotta get a grip

Hi Lehsad!!! WELCOME to the Forum!'

The good news is that 237 lbs. is a heck of a lot thinner than 350 lbs. plus. Ok you had a set back but try to look at it as your glass is half full not half empty. Soon with a little luck and some work you will be under 200 lbs. You will be in the 100s. It's just around the corner. That will be WONDERFUL!!! I know I am really looking foward to being in the 100s!!! I just can't wait! When I am 199 lbs. I will be celebrating big time!

I am so sorry you are feeling depressed. Life has many ups and downs but if we can just see the many positive things in our lives and try to ignore the negatives. My husband of 42 yrs died in 2010. My kids are out of state. I'm raising my autistic grandson, who I love very much. The people that are here to help me out, we have 5 acres, they don't care about me. They steal from me but each one accuses the other person who is here. My bariatric surgery went well but I'm having some other serious health issues. I was very close to my husband, my mother and my sisters. They are all dead now. My one sister was murdered and it was very sad and quite depressing. I am choosing to try and stay upbeat and happy. Life can kick you in the teeth but in general this is a beautiful world full of new and exciting sites, sounds and people. I want to lose my weight and take care of my health problems and start my life anew.

Good Luck to you, please try to think positive. We are all in this together and we all need each other. :)

Cheyenne

My faith teaches us that as long as their is life in the body is hope. Faith in God and yourself is what is needed first. I cried yesterday myself looking at myself in the mirror feeling alot like you. I haven't had surgery yet not scheduled until the 17th, but I understand hopelessness and helplessness, see I attempted sucide twice and had it not been for divine intervention I wouldn't be here to tell you that regardless of the weight you are loved and appreciated; by none other the almighty God. Your journey may be slow and sometimes you may reach a snarl but you will get moving one baby step at a time. I went from 165 pounds in 2006 to 256 in 2014. Along with that weight came a divorce, death of my mother, foreclosure on my home, thief of all my furniture and clothing yes the movers stole it all, and thyroid cancer. I couldn't understand why this was happening to me, and without knowing being aware I eat to ease my emotional pain. Through the help of counsler and my faith I am beginning to know that only I can change the course of my journey one baby step at a time. I decided that I needed to put me first, not before God, but before trying o making others happy at my expense. So dust yourself off, forgive yourself, and begin today knowing your worthy of all God's blessing. I will always be here for you...please don't give up.

Skinny me, it sounds like you have been through a lot of pain and grief too. It seems like you have figured things out and are now doing A-OK. Life can hit us when we are down and out, but we must try to be strong. We are all here to love and support each other. We are like a family bound together by the common bond of bariatric surgery.

Good Luck! :)

Cheyenne

Hi Lehsad!!! WELCOME to the Forum!'

The good news is that 237 lbs. is a heck of a lot thinner than 350 lbs. plus. Ok you had a set back but try to look at it as your glass is half full not half empty. Soon with a little luck and some work you will be under 200 lbs. You will be in the 100s. It's just around the corner. That will be WONDERFUL!!! I know I am really looking foward to being in the 100s!!! I just can't wait! When I am 199 lbs. I will be celebrating big time!

I am so sorry you are feeling depressed. Life has many ups and downs but if we can just see the many positive things in our lives and try to ignore the negatives. My husband of 42 yrs died in 2010. My kids are out of state. I'm raising my autistic grandson, who I love very much. The people that are here to help me out, we have 5 acres, they don't care about me. They steal from me but each one accuses the other person who is here. My bariatric surgery went well but I'm having some other serious health issues. I was very close to my husband, my mother and my sisters. They are all dead now. My one sister was murdered and it was very sad and quite depressing. I am choosing to try and stay upbeat and happy. Life can kick you in the teeth but in general this is a beautiful world full of new and exciting sites, sounds and people. I want to lose my weight and take care of my health problems and start my life anew.

Good Luck to you, please try to think positive. We are all in this together and we all need each other. :)

Cheyenne
Was it Abe Lincoln who said, "You're as happy as you make up your mind to be"?

Back