• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi to all

ErutJota

Hi everyone!
Users can often find discounted or discounted shows during off-peak hours, making it more affordable to enjoy live sex cam shows.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I just had my surgery yesterday. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I didn’t expect the cramping pain and nausea that I’m experiencing. I’m getting up to walk every couple of hours, but nothing is relieving my cramps and pain. I’ve been taking pain medication as prescribed, but I haven’t had a whole lot of relief.:(
Jordan
Keep taking the pills, Erut. And take Metamucil with a little water so you can get it all down, twice a day. Your digestive tract has been rerouted and stuff is gonna get stuck it the villi, causing cramps. There are a bunch of other factors, but your best bet for relief is the two-fold approach: fiberlax and at least a liter of water drunk all day. In fact, just carry your water bottle all the time, or a flask or boda bag. I actually bought a big plastic water bladder from REI that could be put in a special backpack and a tube with a bite-valve. I clipped the tube to my shoulder seam and just bit down a few times every minute while walking around the house or going anywhere.

You really want to keep your digestion working like it's supposed to and most people have a certain degree of trouble like yours. You're cramping because stool isn't moving the way it should.

The best news is it WILL pass. So take the meds and try to relax as much as possible. Don't exert yourself. And make sure you take that laxative so the food will move more quickly through, even if you're in the liquid phase of your diet.

You might benefit from cold compresses or heating pads. And walking might not be the best thing, although every person has a different response.

Hi, Jordan. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Quite a bit of your pain is probably from the gas they use to be able to see while operating laparoscopic. I've heard a heating pad helps. I also found the abdominal binder they gave me very helpful. Walking also helps, although it is not immediate. And if they did not send you home with anti nausea meds, call and ask for them.

Please keep in mind you've just had surgery and you've had a large portion of a major organ removed. You're going to need time to heal. That being said, call your surgeon just to make sure what's you're feeling is normal.

I hope you feel better soon.

Back