• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi !

Alicia

Hi Everyone ! I'm new to this & I'm looking for guidance on what I might expect. I am in my pre-op testing & would love some support from those who have experienced the pros & cons Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you ! Alicia

Hi Everyone ! I'm new to this & I'm looking for guidance on what I might expect. I am in my pre-op testing & would love some support from those who have experienced the pros & cons Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you ! Alicia

Hi Alicia! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

I had gastric bypass RNY 20 months ago. I have lost a considerable amount of weight, most of it in the first 12 months. I enjoyed my journey to a healthier life. The surgery isn't magic but it does give a person the tools to successfully lose weight fast if you follow the surgeon's instructions and eat a high protein low carb diet. As the weight drops off the thrill of having to buy smaller clothes is wonderful! The great feeling of fitting into a booth at a restaurant is awesome! I used to have to sit at a table to fit comfortably. My health is so much better, I feel amazing!!! Walking by a store window and seeing my reflection, I can't believe it's me! The only negative was losing all that fat so fast ruined my gallbladder but that's ok I would do it over in a heartbeat.

Best of Luck!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi Alicia, welcome. My name is Nisey. I am new to this myself. I am supposed to weigh in on Monday, April 20, to see if I can get my Psychatric Evaluation. Then, hopefully I'll find out a surgery day. From what the doctors office told me, they will weigh me, do the evaluation then put me on a two week liquid diet and then have the surgery. i don't know. I'm just playing it all by ear. Good luck to you on your Surgery and success on your weight loss :)

Back