• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi..

RColeman

Hi, everyone. I'm from Alabama. I had the VSG in 2013. I'm joining the group to get support because I've allowed bad habits to come creeping back and in one year I've gained 40 of the those hard lost pounds back. I'm hoping to get encouragement and HELP from those who may have had a similar thing happen to them.

I'll admit that I've stopped exercising as I was, started drinking things with sugar, and stopped focusing on water and protein.

For anyone out there with advice, I need it and will appreciate any help I can get.

Hello RColeman, and welcome to the American Bariatrics Forum! I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the weight loss right now. I believe that you will find there are a lot of great people on this forum that have been in your shoes and are very willing and eager to offer support and guidance. It is not easy going through what you are going through, but we are all here to help!!

I haven't had my bypass yet, but I'm more than willing to give you any support you need. First off, get rid of the sugar. I know. Easier said than done, but you have to.

I haven't had my bypass yet, but I'm more than willing to give you any support you need. First off, get rid of the sugar. I know. Easier said than done, but you have to.

Great advice Christine!! I too have recently cut down on my sugar intake and I honestly feel better than I ever have!! I'm alert during the day and don't get the afternoon 'slump' like I used to. It can be difficult at first, but once you cut down on the sugar, your body will love you for it!!

Back