• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Holiday gain?

Oh My Goodness! All those great habits I have built in the past 3 1/2 years really fell to the wayside this Xmas season. As did my husbands. We are both up 8lbs! In like 3 weeks. I got on the scale this morning and about passed out lol

I host Christmas and bake several varieties of cookies. I also make a signature drink. And decorate
e v e r y t h I n g! So, for 3 weeks we have been taste testing cookies and drinks. All while eating whatever is easiest. Due to bad ok .. NO planning on my part, easiest tended to be ordering in or frozen pizza type processed meals. This is not new to me or to him. I have no idea how I dropped the ball so badly.

So, back to.the grind! And posting here seems to hold me accountable to myself. I've made myself a menu and I'll be hitting the grocery store to get some healthier food in this house! I have frozen all the leftover cookies and food that I didn't give away to neighbors. So, I've got nowhere to go but down lol

Ho! Ho! Ho! Have another cookie! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It is okay to enjoy yourself on the holiday and with friends and family, just got to give the leftovers away, or throw them away instead of the habit of having to polish things off. My dogs never used to beg from me because I cleaned my plate, but now they follow me into the kitchen knowing I will have scraps or unfinished portions constantly because I can't finish most things even if I think its the right amount at first. I definitely couldn't indulge as much this being my first holidays after surgery but I am very proud of myself for my attitude throughout the two big days! I lost wait on our trip for Thanksgiving and maintained during the week of Christmas! Here's to getting back on track!

I have absolutely started throwing things in the freezer. Cookies, breads and leftovers are already frozen. I gave a way a bunch of cookies, chips, apps etc to my neighbors. Turns out one of my neighbors had surgery on her shoulder and is finding it difficult to cook. So grabbing a frozen ready to heat meal is very helpful to her! Yay!

I sadly had to dump the coquito hubs made. Its just too damn sweet and loaded with calories! But, something has to give. It isn't going to be me lo!

Actually, its usually out of sight out of mind for me. I just found cookies in my freezer from last time I made them to take to a party. In September lol

New Years Eve was not an ideal food situation either. I had people over, so there was food and drinks galore. I'm a sucker for apps lol. Luckily, everybody took some home.

I've decided not to stress. I have several other things going in in my life to stress about. And I'm already down 2lbs. I used to have to worry about 100+ pounds. I can handle 8 .. Now 6 lol

My first Christmas alone after husband passed. Believe it or not I had a very good off the charts holiday season. 12 of us celebrated on dec 2. My son and his new wife had me and her son over on dec 22. Without husband I decided to bake a boatload of cookies. I made individual cookie boxes with 2-3 cookies of different kinds. They went over fantastically. One friend gave me two jars of homemade choc chip cookie mix, you know those decorated mason jars. Bland cookie btw. Yeah I did overdo on the holiday treats but I am not going to kick myself or berate myself over having an incredible holiday month. Yes I am checking in.

Back