• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Holidays Coming Up......

The holidays are upon us but Let's all celebrate the season with tradition not FOOD or DRINK!

You might ask how......Hmmmm.... Let me think????? This is a toughy, but I am sure if we all put our heads together we can come up with some
new family traditions or enhance our old traditions.

Our family has always celebrated with food for the holidays, but not this year and my family is all with this idea of new traditions without
the food being the centerpiece.

Ok I am still thinking???? Can some of my supportive friends give me some ideas???

Games, story reading, do you think "The Night Before Christmas"...Hmmm do your opening the gifts with a twist? Making Snow Angels if it snows in your area or Sandy Angels....Why Not???

My family is coming over Christmas eve at 11 am and will be staying until late. It will be nine adults, two teens, one 8 month baby girl and a 2 year old girl. I know that if you have a plan
everything turns out so much better. I don't want to just sit around and eat all day. I think I am going to do some research on the old internet and get some ideas. Who knows this might
be the best Holiday ever for my family.

Try the "Dirty Santa" game....with that many people coming to your house it should take awhile to play and be lots of fun.

Kim n NC, you are an angel....I looked the Dirty Santa game up, cuz I had never heard of it. Oh my goodness I have had so much fun texting my family about this since I posted this morning. Thank you ... Thank you.

We are going to do this, but instead of drawing numbers I found this family online that reads the story, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and with some of the words from the story are used in place of the numbers. So that each time your word is said you can take a present or exchange for another one. Plus we are not going to open the presents until we have reached the end of the story.

There was another game called "What if" and "Then". You pass out two pieces of paper to everyone. Each person is to start a sentence or short story with "What if..... and the second piece of paper you start with, then..... Each "What if" goes into a bowl and same with "Then". Each person takes one paper from each bowl and reads it together. Kind of like mad libs. Can be real funny.

Of course my girls (married with famlies) asked if we are still having food. I told them "yes" but the day is not going to be sitting around eating and watching television. Although I did surrender for one christmas movie of their choice with movie snacks. Kind of a Christmas Movie Time.

Thank you again. Kim, for getting the ball rolling with a great suggestion.

We have also decided to have a chinese lantern send off for all as everyone leaves.

Back