• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Home from Surgery

I have had my surgery and it went very well. Although doctor had a challenge with my hiatal hernia. It had pulled my stomach up into diaphragm and twisted it. Doctor said he was excited when he saw it. I love my doctor. He was the best. I was in my room for about two hours and had a hard time coming out of it, so nurse took me for a walk. WOW...unbelievable how that helped me wake up and feel so much better.

Now that I am home and on clear liquids till tomorrow. My food plan is one ounce every ten minutes. Looking forward to tomorrow. Can start creamed soups, watered down cream of wheat, puddings, Greek yogurt and protein shakes.

Feeling pretty good and not taking pain meds around the clock. Not really in that much pain. Did wake up this morning itching. Looked at my tummy and I was all broke out in the areas of tape. So I guess I am allergic to latex bandage, at least the kind they used.

So glad all went well for you and look forward to hearing your progress. I am eight weeks out from Bypass and it has flew by, take good care and don't forget to sip, walk and rest!!

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and not in too much pain. Sounds like you have a terrific doc who you like and trust. Take it easy, heal well, and good luck as you continue on your incredible journey.

hi onestepatatime sounds like you are doing well, you've sure loss a lot of weight, congratulations. one day at a time and it will keep getting better.
donna

Thank you to all who have read my post. I am getting better everyday. Today I am on creamed soups, Greek yogurt, protein shakes, hot cream of wheat and pudding. Of course not having it all in one day. My darling husband and I went shopping. When we got home I had my protein shake at one ounce at a time. I decided to mix it with unsweetened almond milk. Oh it tasted so good. I think I have reached my max for chicken/beef broth. Jello too!! I even bought these little colorful 1 oz cups to drink from. Our granddaughter Lexi is enjoying drinking out of these little cups too. It just feels so good to have that hiatal hernia fixed.

Back