• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How about a little drinking game?

You know how they go. The Barbie doll wife has a husband who's a doctor. Somehow she manages to slip this fact into every conversation. You are SO sick of hearing about her doctor husband but words are useless.

So you invent a drinking game to amuse yourself. A group of her friends AR sitting around at brunch and whenever she says the word "doctor," you take a shot. Of your favorite adult beverage. Now most people think a shot is an ounce but having worked behind the bar, a shot is an ounce and a half most of the time. Nevertheless a little sip'l do ya.

I was thinking about this today because I have been doing all kinds of a little tasks around the house. A lot of it involves sitting on the couch and sorting stuff out. While I do that I'm watching TV. So I decided every time a commercial came on, I'd take a shot. Of water.

Then I was watching the news. I watched a lot of news I watch the four the five the 5:30 and 6. And every time they finish telling a story I took a shot.

My Baseline for daily living is a state of depression. I might not get out of bed for weeks. I've been revising my depression slightly lately by sitting in a chair in the living room instead of laying on my bed.

So, about a week ago I started coming out of the depression and as it turned out I became pretty active. You would not believe some of the things I have done. Anyway that's not the point. The point is that everyone has repetition during the day. We all have habits and we all repeat them. Why don't you look at your habits and every time you do one of them, take a shot.

Or better, try to find something like television. It really really works.

Just imagine how much water you would drink in a day if you used "COVID" as your take-a-shot cue!o_O:eek:

Let's play a word game here. What words do you think would be good as take-a-shot cues? if you have CNN or any other 24-hour news, or if you have a news feed, or follow Google News, and you can stand to watch the news, you could try these:
Election
Presidential
Kamala
Wildfires
Trump
Mask
Earthquake
Vote
PPE
America
Quarantine
Self distancing
Out of business
Dining out
Death
Coronavirus
Instagram
Facebook
Amazon
West Seattle Bridge
Hotspots
Home
Plasma
Mysterious
healthcare worker
Vaccine
Stimulus
Vulnerable
Stage 1, 2, or 3
Symptoms
Fraud
Post office
Police

Those are words I hear everyday. I'll bet you can come up with just as many.

I am challenging Bill S, Ryan, Gary, Badgy, Penny, cane, Missy, El, Mary, matia, Tauheeda, PinkJulie, Roxanne, Lulu, Shawna, sportsdad and anyone else who has been struggling with water drinking.

I suggest you use words you find here among these posts, especially what words people use who are struggling. However, I also suggest you find words that are positive and will help associate taking a sip of water with joy.

Last edited:
Let's play a word game here. What words do you think would be good as take-a-shot cues? if you have CNN or any other 24-hour news, or if you have a news feed, or follow Google News, and you can stand to watch the news, you could try these:
Election
Presidential
Kamala
Wildfires
Trump
Mask
Earthquake
Vote
PPE
America
Quarantine
Self distancing
Out of business
Dining out
Death
Coronavirus
Instagram
Facebook
Amazon
West Seattle Bridge
Hotspots
Home
Plasma
Mysterious
healthcare worker
Vaccine
Stimulus
Vulnerable
Stage 1, 2, or 3
Symptoms
Fraud
Post office
Police

Those are words I hear everyday. I'll bet you can come up with just as many.

I am challenging Bill S, Ryan, Gary, Badgy, Penny, cane, Missy, El, Mary, matia, Tauheeda, PinkJulie, Roxanne, Lulu, Shawna, sportsdad and anyone else who has been struggling with water drinking.

I suggest you use words you find here among these posts, especially what words people use who are struggling. However, I also suggest you find words that are positive and will help associate taking a sip of water with joy.
It‘s a fun idea, but it won’t work for me I’m afraid. I work long days at an airport and I really don’t get much time to watch tv. I’m pleased you’re feeling better!

Yeah, I watched the news and ended up nearly drowning. I was taking more sips of water then breaths of air using all those keywords. So I'm going to shorten my list. But I'm not going to stop the drinking game!

Au contraire mon frere! I am quite certain, with your storied background, that you could come up with a short list of even better ones. You know me. I just go overboard. And my list is incredibly negative. I am not going to use those words today.

But the technique works! It works! Everybody make a short list of words that you hear frequently and do it! You will never complain about how hard it is to drink water again!

Oh shoot, I forgot to say that on the first day I thought of this I drank a 24 oz bottle of water while I was noodling around and then I drank two more liters of water after that. That's a lot of water y'all.

Back