• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

how soon after all clearances are done is surgery scheduled?

Like 3momchaos said, it can depend on insurance and it also depends on the surgeon's schedule. I was told to allow for 2 weeks for insurance to get back, although they ended up approving it in just four days, so you never know. After that, it was all up to the schedule of my surgeon and it ended up being three weeks after insurance approval. It also depends on what sort of pre-op diet the surgeon wants you to follow, which can be two to several weeks prior to surgery. My pre-op diet was three weeks.

i have my lung test snd pulmonary yet and my clearance from reg doc yet .

Hi Shicktey, I know that this is absolutely none of my business, but I have a question about this test that you are having done. Also, my reason for asking is I just recently quit smoking and the my dr made a really big deal about it, which is to be expected, but he told me under no circumstances would I be eligible for surgery if I was still smoking. I'm sure he'll test me to make sure, which is fine. I was just curious because my dr hasn't mentioned that particular test to me, yet anyway. Thanks
BTw.. i so understand if you'd rather not say, and maybe I wasn't even suppose to ask? I hope this is ok.

My doctor ordered it they want to see how lung function is normally and with oxygen and then after abuterol . I don't know if other docs order it or not . I'm a non smoker but I have sleep apnea

Just met with the pulmonary doc this morning she said everything looked good . She is sending her ok to bariatric doc for surgery . So all my clearances are done .The only thing I would need is my presurgey clearance from family doc.

There was a big story on the national news 2 days ago saying that if you want elective surgery now is the time to ask for it. Hospitals are doing electives like crazy.

If people are frustrated trying to get things going and waiting to hear about it, I advise contacting your surgeon's office and befriending someone who will be excited to help move things along for you. The secret is endearing yourself to someone by being nice and very patient. But involve and respect the contact in your doctor's office. Make a friend.

Just met with the pulmonary doc this morning she said everything looked good . She is sending her ok to bariatric doc for surgery . So all my clearances are done .The only thing I would need is my presurgey clearance from family doc.
Woohoo! One step closer!!

Back