• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

how to make clothing last longer?

This is an EXCELLENT idea! Sadly, it never occurred to me but I really like it. I just donated everything.
Also, guys, go ahead and pick up at least a few new things that fit you. I know in the beginning you lose and buying clothes that fit can get expensive when you have to do it almost every month. But if you are down 2 sizes, it's time to pick up at least a few things. Big clothes ARE comfy. But you literally had surgery to lose weight, so it's obviously important to you. SEEING the difference is much easier in clothes that fit you. Most everyone hear has mentioned a new outfit or clothing size as a NSV. Don't cheat yourself out of that.
I agree!! I still think it’s crazy when I buy clothes seeing how small they are. I’m in a large top and large/14 bottoms. Might look big to some, but after being in 3xl and 24 pants, they look so tiny!

Splendid is an expensive brand, but one thing I love is that when I was gaining weight, the few things that still fit me were the Splendid items. I am still wearing two pairs of Splendid Lakeside joggers. They have a thick waistband and the silhouette works thin and heavy. I went up about 3 jeans ties and can no longer wear those, but these I can and they don't look weird in certain places even though snugger!
Another idea that might work are pregnancy jeans- Motherhood Maternity has jeans from 19.99 and the waist isn't the normal zip or button jeans that cut in or bag out when you gain and lose weight. It's an elastic "sleeve" sort of thing to accommodate both a growing belly and a lessening belly postpartum.

Back