• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hurting in my chest

Cjd3161

For the past 7 hours I've been hurting in my chest in the breast bone hurts through to my back has anyone else had this problem? I've tried walking and it not helping at all. Got a call into my doc but thought I'd try here too.

Chest pain

Hi,
I hope you have already dealt with your chest pain. I would have pushed your doctor a little harder from the onset.
Always take an asprin while you are waiting to find out what the problem is. always be safe.

Yes thats where I hurt and also down a bit in the higher stomach area. The pain was terrible. This happened after lunch on Monday and I layed down til 11 pm at night and then went to the emergency room. They took blood tests and guess what I had? Pancreatitis. They admitted me. Further tests showed I have a bad gallbladder and the inside of the gallbladder is a mess from gallstones but they said I must have passed the gallstones and I need to have the gallbladder removed in the not so distant future. I was in there for 3 days and they released me late yesterday afternoon because I felt better and my blood test showed improvement, they want me to go see my primary care physician and my bariatric surgeon.

Hi Cheyenne,

Love your name.... I am glad you got it taken care of. Gallbladder issues are common in bariactic pts. I was worried about the heart.
I get panic attacks. Mostly small ones. About once a year I get a bad one. It was just like how you discribed. I had one a month ago.
I sort of blew it off. It went away fully after 2 days. My Doctors were upset with me. When I have these attacks they want me to go to ER.

I after hearing your story I am going to have to really pay attention to my body. I did buy some baby asprin and promised to keep some with me.
I have had all my test and everything seems OK. I am a nurse so I should know better.

Well we can talk more later. Be good glad you are better.

Pat

Hi Cheyenne,

Love your name.... I am glad you got it taken care of. Gallbladder issues are common in bariactic pts. I was worried about the heart.
I get panic attacks. Mostly small ones. About once a year I get a bad one. It was just like how you discribed. I had one a month ago.
I sort of blew it off. It went away fully after 2 days. My Doctors were upset with me. When I have these attacks they want me to go to ER.

I after hearing your story I am going to have to really pay attention to my body. I did buy some baby asprin and promised to keep some with me.
I have had all my test and everything seems OK. I am a nurse so I should know bet
Well we can talk more later. Be good glad you are better.
be
Pat

Thanks Pat! ... Actually Cheyenne was my dogs name (who was my best friend for 10yrs.) My name is really Mary. How are you feeling now? :) I think I am back to normal now.

Back