• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I’m new!

Pebbles

Hi all. I had a gastric sleeve 2/16/11. I may have fared better than some in I’ve not experienced discomfort from eating different foods. My high weight was 375, the day I walked into surgery I weighed 345. I got down to 237 plateaued, had skin removed.

What I’ve had problems with is everyone talked about my weight when I was really big, when I began to lose that’s all people talked about. I felt really uncomfortable with the attention.

I’ve put on weight from emotional eating and eating junk. After 5 years I noticed a change. I had food cravings. Things that used to not appeal to me suddenly tasted good and I had no negative physical reaction.

I had a knee replacement March of this year. Did slow down big time on exercise because of joint pain. Now I am working to exercise more.

That’s the basics. I’m hoping to chat with folks who have experienced some of the same issues. Thanks!

Hi all. I had a gastric sleeve 2/16/11. I may have fared better than some in I’ve not experienced discomfort from eating different foods. My high weight was 375, the day I walked into surgery I weighed 345. I got down to 237 plateaued, had skin removed.

What I’ve had problems with is everyone talked about my weight when I was really big, when I began to lose that’s all people talked about. I felt really uncomfortable with the attention.

I’ve put on weight from emotional eating and eating junk. After 5 years I noticed a change. I had food cravings. Things that used to not appeal to me suddenly tasted good and I had no negative physical reaction.

I had a knee replacement March of this year. Did slow down big time on exercise because of joint pain. Now I am working to exercise more.

That’s the basics. I’m hoping to chat with folks who have experienced some of the same issues. Thanks!
Hi Pebbles and welcome.

We do have some veterans here, I'm sure someone will be able to relate to your experience. Congratulations on your weight loss and skin removal. That's wonderful that you're trying to get back to exercising. Good luck!

Back