• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I’m so glad I found this group!

Katielou85

Hey there!

My name is Katie and I’m in my pre-op liquid diet phase for my gastric bypass on July 9! I joined a few “support” groups through Facebook and tbh, it was nothing but negativity and had me questioning if I was even mentally strong enough for this journey. My doctor seems rather strict compared to others in that I have to do a 3 week preop diet that consists of 4 protein shakes and water only. I already feel the positivity in this group and I’ve only read through a few threads. Yay!

Hey there!

My name is Katie and I’m in my pre-op liquid diet phase for my gastric bypass on July 9! I joined a few “support” groups through Facebook and tbh, it was nothing but negativity and had me questioning if I was even mentally strong enough for this journey. My doctor seems rather strict compared to others in that I have to do a 3 week preop diet that consists of 4 protein shakes and water only. I already feel the positivity in this group and I’ve only read through a few threads. Yay!
Hi Katie, I’m right behind you on the 12th for the sleeve. Good luck

Hi, Katie. Welcome to the group. I also found the FB groups to be a less than positive experience so I'm glad you found us. You are absolutely strong enough to do this. I only had to do 2 weeks of liquid diet for my pre-op. I won't lie; it's tough. But honestly, it gave me a weird sort of empowerment every day I did it, so I hope it goes as well for you. Good luck on your bypass and let us know how you're doing.

I will share what I like most here. 24/7 support. If you are having a problem or just something exciting to share the door is always open. And positive reinforcement all the way through. It has made my journey so much easier. The educational materials are extensive and helpful. Can’t go wrong here. Be fun stay safe.

Hi Katie! Welcome to the group. I'm also new and have found a lot of support here. What I like most is that I find answers to questions that may not be that common to my bariatric team, but someone here has dealt with it and is willing to step up and talk about their experiences. Many great people here.

Back