• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

i am getting the lap band in the next 3-4 wks.

Gr8k8

Hi Gigi50
Costco has Premier Protein shakes on sale right now. Many people really like these shakes they come in two favors Chocolate and Vanilla. And since it is Costco if you don't like it you can take it back. They also carry Muscle Milk too.
Good Luck

SAMs carries Premier protein shakes and also EAS Carb Advantage. They are the cheapest I have found in the pre-packaged shakes. You can also buy a big container of powdered protein in WalMart. Other online sites have non-milk based protein like Isopure or Syntrax nectar. And Unjury has an excellent unflavored powder.
Your tastes might change after surgery, so don't stock up too heavily now.
Welcome to the forum!

karenina

thanks. i just ordered a 10 lb container of powder online it was $47. i checked out meyeirs and the 2 lb was $17 so if the one i ordered tastes good i may order again.

Welcome to the site. There is so much info on this site you will be able to have all of your questions answered. I stocked up on some of the eas shakes I am going to be starting my two week liver shrinking diet week after next. Good luck with your surgery and keep us posted on your progress.

I had the lap band 5-6 years ago, I just had it removed. I got things stuck daily then had to sit it back up. I also gained weight because I ate food that would slide down easier. I am going in for the bypass.... don't get me wrong some people have luck but alot have it removed to op for one of the other more successful one... I wish you the best hope all works out... Would love to know how well it works for you.

i am trying to find a high protein shake at a reasonable price. there are so many. i got stressed out:( 1/2 hr into my search. can any one recommend anything or if u have done this search let me know.
You can look into GenPro Medical grade protein powder. I have bought the the tasteless one and it really is tasteless. Discolors the water a little but no taste change. Also mix with Crystal lite... 30g of protein for every scoop. I got it on Amazon but they sell it at alot of places, GNC is a little more pricey then online.

Back