• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I am very nervous!!

Tawanda Gilbert

I am very nervous.. I'm having the gastric sleeve on the 19th of this month.. My fear is of course surgery and dealing with the pain afterwards, Does anyone have any advice to calm my nerves down.

Thank you in advance

If you are like me you have been dealing with pain from your weight for a long time.Chronic knee and back pain,etc I will take a few days of post op pain to rid my self of that.. Think of it in those terms. My surgery is late sept so I may have to remember my own advice then too!

Tawanda, My surgery is also on the 19th. Just remember why you're doing this breathe and keep thinking about your new life. Make plans. Clear some of your wardrobe out and start looking for recipes to make at home that you are going to enjoy. :) Best of luck to you, you will be fine.

I am very nervous.. I'm having the gastric sleeve on the 19th of this month.. My fear is of course surgery and dealing with the pain afterwards, Does anyone have any advice to calm my nerves down.

Thank you in advance

Tawanda, My surgery is also on the 19th. Just remember why you're doing this breathe and keep thinking about your new life. Make plans. Clear some of your wardrobe out and start looking for recipes to make at home that you are going to enjoy. :) Best of luck to you, you will be fine.

Back