• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I feel lost

Cece

I feel lost like I have no help getting back on track I eating everything wrong and to much I feel so sad and alone lately I just would like so help on making a daily plan on eating and on recipes how much vitamins to take i know get ahold of my doctor but I feel like I let her down and I fuck my self up i should fix it i was in a bad relationship so it didnt help but Im better now just no bad comments please I am working on get back on track it hard

Welcome Cece! I'm sorry you fell off-track and hope that you will find help here. Start reading some of the older posts. You may find something there that would be inspiring or helpful. How long ago did you have surgery and which surgery did you have? Are you still taking your vitamins? Did you have your labs done recently so you can see if there is any deficiency? Of course a good multi-vitamin should be taken, it is hard to know what else unless you have had labs done. For example, I could tell you what I take but your need could be different from mine.

Trust me when I say you are not the first one to get off track so I don't think anyone is going to give you bad comments. I will be the first to admit that I screwed up after Lapband surgery and regained almost all my weight. I am more determined this time and I know I have to work on the mental as well as the physical. But you can do this and you've taken the first step reclaiming your health.

Welcome! You took the biggest and hardest step towards getting back on track-realizing you want to get back to your goals! What are you eating now? How can you make small changes to start to get back to your goals? What made you most successful when you first started out? I’m glad you’re out of your bad relationship. Your doctor is going to understand, and wants to help, unless she’s a jerk-but I doubt that. My cousin had the sleeve 12/2019, and she put off going to her doctor because she was worried that she let them down, and they all welcomed her back with open arms. It happens, and you won’t be the last one it happens to, and I think you’ll be very successful getting to where you want to be.

Hi, Cece. There is an entire vitamin thread here somewhere. Up in the right hand corner hit 'search' and type in vitamins. We've all listed what we take. We also have a recipe board under forums and you can check those out as well. Incase you do not still have the suggested meal plan from your program, I am going to list a sample menu from mine.
It contains apprx. 70g of protein and less than 1000 calories depending on your choices. Of course, this is for the very beginning and so is pretty low in calories.

Breakfast: 1/4 C Skim Milk 1/2 C low sugar/high fiber ready to eat Cereal 1/4 small Banana
Snack; 1 oz String Cheese 2-3 high fiber crackers
Lunch: 2 oz Meat/Fish/Poultry 1/4 to 1/2C Vegetable
Snack: 6 oz. no sugar added Yogurt 1/4 C Fresh Fruit
Dinner: 2 oz Meat/Fish/Poultry 1/4 to 1/2 C Vegetable
Snack: 6 oz High Protein Shake

Hopefully, this gives you a place to start making a daily eating plan and some healthier choices. I am a big believer in making a weekly menu and measuring and tracking all your food intake. Especially when you are struggling. Welcome to the group.

Hi Cece, You took the first step....admitting that you need help. 2nd step changing things. Hopefully with suggestions on here and looking up bariatric recipes online you can get back on track. No need to beat yourself up. We are human and things happen. We all certainly wish you the best. Keep us posted! You can do this!!

Welcome Cece! I'm sorry you fell off-track and hope that you will find help here. Start reading some of the older posts. You may find something there that would be inspiring or helpful. How long ago did you have surgery and which surgery did you have? Are you still taking your vitamins? Did you have your labs done recently so you can see if there is any deficiency? Of course a good multi-vitamin should be taken, it is hard to know what else unless you have had labs done. For example, I could tell you what I take but your need could be different from mine.

Trust me when I say you are not the first one to get off track so I don't think anyone is going to give you bad comments. I will be the first to admit that I screwed up after Lapband surgery and regained almost all my weight. I am more determined this time and I know I have to work on the mental as well as the physical. But you can do this and you've taken the first step reclaiming your health.

Thank you
Hi, Cece. There is an entire vitamin thread here somewhere. Up in the right hand corner hit 'search' and type in vitamins. We've all listed what we take. We also have a recipe board under forums and you can check those out as well. Incase you do not still have the suggested meal plan from your program, I am going to list a sample menu from mine.
It contains apprx. 70g of protein and less than 1000 calories depending on your choices. Of course, this is for the very beginning and so is pretty low in calories.

Breakfast: 1/4 C Skim Milk 1/2 C low sugar/high fiber ready to eat Cereal 1/4 small Banana
Snack; 1 oz String Cheese 2-3 high fiber crackers
Lunch: 2 oz Meat/Fish/Poultry 1/4 to 1/2C Vegetable
Snack: 6 oz. no sugar added Yogurt 1/4 C Fresh Fruit
Dinner: 2 oz Meat/Fish/Poultry 1/4 to 1/2 C Vegetable
Snack: 6 oz High Protein Shake

Hopefully, this gives you a place to start making a daily eating plan and some healthier choices. I am a big believer in making a weekly menu and measuring and tracking all your food intake. Especially when you are struggling. Welcome to the group.

Back