• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I have a date!

dajaimes1956

Hello everyone! My name is Deb and I will be having the Roux en Y done on Feb. 20 just about a week from now!
I am anxious and nervous as well. I know I am doing the right thing, but also feel a sense of concern how it is all going to go. I've been reading some of the forums and have found them very interesting.

Welcome Dajaimes, I had the same feelings leading up to my surgery date but I had to remember that this descision did not come easy and I had put a lot of thought into it. Like everyone else here I had struggled with weight my whole life and as I get older it is much harder to keep it of and when I couldn't seem to stay under 300 and I had high blood pressure and cholesterol WLS was one of my only options to a healthier me so I could be around for my kids and grand kids.

It is very exciting to get that surgery date scheduled, make sure you have a good support group around you I am sure you also have thought long and hard about this. It's ok to be anxious and nervous, you will do just fine, make sure to find a support group in your area they are also very important part of this journey. We will be thinking about you. Let us know how things are going. :cool: Tom

Hello everyone! My name is Deb and I will be having the Roux en Y done on Feb. 20 just about a week from now!
I am anxious and nervous as well. I know I am doing the right thing, but also feel a sense of concern how it is all going to go. I've been reading some of the forums and have found them very interesting.
welcome deb, i never believed in having this surgery until this past august and it just hit me that i needed to do this for myself i was always afraid of it, i had the gastric sleeve on feb 7th of this year and was not nervous at all even on surgery day(odd since i am anxiety ridden) i felt at peace with my decision and am doing well. this site has been a wonderful place for me to go and hope it will be for you too! I wish you good luck on your surgery day and hope you will keep us updated!

Back