• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I have a surgery date for Gastric Sleeve but still questioning

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. I’ve had my visit with the Psychologist and we have discussed my concerns. I know that I have to do this for my health. It is no longer just weight loss. It is a life saving lifestyle change. I struggle to change the way I think so that I’m not worried about the stigma and judgement I think I will get from family and friends when they find out. I need to keep thinking that I am worth it and that it’s my turn to take care of myself. My doctor told me that. I also need to not worry about the hair loss, the malabsorption, the vitamin deficiency, and other side effects. As my son says, it is better to manage those than to try to struggle to manage Diabetes, Hypertension and Kidney Disease. I’m blessed that my family especially my husband and my children are very supportive of me and are my biggest
Cheerleaders. I’m thankful to find this group too! At the end of the day, I will go through with the Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy to save my life. Thanks to all!
Your son is very wise! I kid you not... reading your words is like reading my mind. Thank you for sharing!

Back