• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I have a week to go......

booboo709

I am going to be starting my liquid diet tomorrow morning. I have a week to go before the big day on Monday the 3rd. I am nervous and excited all at once. But I know I can do this. I have to for my health. See I have gurd so bad that it is in my sinuses and have tumors on my esophagus, not cancer thank god, but they told me that I couldn't have a surgery because I am over weight so..... I have to have the bypass. I also have a bad heart and intestinal problems so the best thing for me is to have it done and hopefully it will get better for me. Any words of advice, comment or help please feel free to message me back ;)

I am going to be starting my liquid diet tomorrow morning. I have a week to go before the big day on Monday the 3rd. I am nervous and excited all at once. But I know I can do this. I have to for my health. See I have gurd so bad that it is in my sinuses and have tumors on my esophagus, not cancer thank god, but they told me that I couldn't have a surgery because I am over weight so..... I have to have the bypass. I also have a bad heart and intestinal problems so the best thing for me is to have it done and hopefully it will get better for me. Any words of advice, comment or help please feel free to message me back ;)

Hi Booboo!

All I can say is I had been very sick when I had my surgery. About a year before bariatric surgery, I had a pulmonary embolism from pneumonia. I was on oxygen 24-7, my lungs were in very bad shape. My bariatric surgeon said he never operated on anyone who had such bad breathing problems. I had severe sleep apnea and was on a cpap machine. I had heart failure due to the lack of oxygen from my pulmonary embolism. I have no cartilage in my knees and I hardly could walk and used a wheelchair anytime I walked more than a few steps. I had urine incontinence and always had to use pads to keep from wetting myself. I felt miserable and weak and thought I might die.

My Cardiologist pushed for me to have Bypass surgery. I was nervous and afraid but I trusted him. I had actually been thinking about it for the last 10 yrs. I took a leap of faith and went for it. It was the very best decision of my life! All my health issues resolved themselves. I no longer need to wear pads. I have complete control of my bladder now. Amazing! Tests on my heart show it in now in normal range. No more oxygen. My lungs are perfectly normal now. No more sleep apnea. My knees are still bad but a thousand percent improved. I can walk! I still want to have knee surgery and plan to in the future but losing so much weight has really helped everything in my life from walking to breathing.. I can't express how much better my life and health have become!

Good luck to you on your journey to a healthier life!!!

Cheyenne

Back