• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I have such a variety of interests. Outside and inside.

Roni

From 2001 to 2019 my main fun during summer was going to Harley rallies on the weekends. At least one or two per summer season. And playing in my pool in my side yard. I started with a 1996 sportster upgraded to 2003 dynalowrider and then upgraded to a 2010 heritage soft tail. It has been in garage for last two years due to severe hip problems, have to reach certain weight before hip replacement.

Pool has been water therapy for last two years. I have an intex pool 12 ft x 24 ft x 52 in. This year I am replacing the liner and ground cloth in addition to releveling the base.

before I open the pool, I do have fun using my chainsaw to clear unwanted tree growth in the yard. Have a fire pit to burn the logs in. I am getting close to actually reaching the last of the trees To cut down. Wore out two pole saws and now two chains. I have two blue spruces by the house. A English walnut between the house and side yard. In the side yard I have an apple tree drawn cherry and bing cherry tree. I thought I had purchased a nectarine tree but I am pretty sure it was an apricot tree. Which kept growing extra trees. Think I have that fixed.

inside I have collected Marvin the Martian items And kitchen gadgets. I like to read fantasy books about dragons, wizards and magic. My son has introduced me to terry manticor ( not sure I spelled right) the spellmonger series 13 books so far. Three of the books are side stories. Ann mccaffrey the dragon riders of pern was a great series.

and of course playing with the Boston terrors Lolly and Dolly.

I wish I had the focus to knit. I’m very spastic in my hobbies. I’ll be super into painting for a while then stop and start something else with the painting half done. I don’t think knitting would be as forgiving if I just left something partially finished LOL I’m better at short term projects.

All pool persons are welcome I have floats and chairs. Plus I use a solar cover to heat the water so no chills From cold water. The project of the pool was to have water in it by Mother’s Day. That goal fell short. Was unable to get a landscaper without going into debt. So it is up to me to get all 18 cinder blocks leveled to each other. I did do 7 early this week but I paid a heavy price with pain in the hip. Hoping to get more leveled today. Will take pain meds. But I don’t like relying on them. This year we are installing a 6x12 ft deck.

Original Post is from Friday... yesterday friend came by we got two more blocks leveled. Raining today taking time off.

Last edited:
I wish I had the focus to knit. I’m very spastic in my hobbies. I’ll be super into painting for a while then stop and start something else with the painting half done. I don’t think knitting would be as forgiving if I just left something partially finished LOL I’m better at short term projects.
What kind of painting? rooms or pictures. I think I could get into a paint by number. My best friend paints. She does lots of flowers.

Back