• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I just got home from the hospital

congrats.......those are the things i like to hear!!!! how long did you have to stay in the hospital.....and what kinds of pain? how is the liquid diet working out??? i have mine on the 27th of feb so you are like a month ahead of me....i am so excited for you and hope all goes well!!!

Great, glad you are over the surgery and home safe and sound. I agree they keep you medicated really well. Where did you have your surgery in Ohio? Get some rest to begin your journey.
hugs,
Angie

Hi everyone! I had my surgery at Ohio State University Hospital. I felt I had an excellent team of health care providers. Somehow I even lucked into a private room. I stayed two days, but my doctor assured me I would be staying longer if I wasn't doing well. I am technically on full liquids until next week, then to pureed. So far no nausea, or gas pains. I only had one small shake at the hospital before they released me. I was able to eat a SF Jello last night. The pain is not horrible, but there is pain. For me, it mostly centers around getting up and down. The PT got me an abdominal binder, and that helps a lot. I kept hearing the mantra from this site when I was up walking, "Sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk". :D

So glad to hear you are home and seem to be doing well. I agree that getting up and down is the hardest thing. Good luck as you continue on this journey. It will be worth it. Joy

Welcome to what will be an incredible journey. Glad everything went smooth at the hospital. Here's to a speeding recovery!!!

Glad your doing so well, I hope to have some plastic surgery at Ohio State. Great place. You will be pain free in no time
:D
Keep me posted on the plastic surgery progress, as I know I am going to need it. It's so nice to have those who go before you available for advice. I really did love my experience at OSU. I worked 22 years for another large hospital system in Columbus, and thought nobody would be better. I was wrong. I would recommend OSU for anyone. Plus, my mom gets her cancer treatment through their Oncology department, and loves them too. So if you are looking into OSU, have no fears.

Glad the surgery went well and you are home doing so good! I also wanted to Thank You for the web address you referred me to. Lots of info. Take Care and get plenty of rest so your body heals fast.
Julie

Congrats I'm 2 wks out. I had a private room also which was nice. I didn't have any pain other than the incisions being tender. I get to graduate to pureed food on Monday. I have tried a few already in the past wk as the full liquid stage gets old. So far so good everything has digested and I haven't had any problems. My only issue I caught a cold and it's sucking the energy out of me. I am a bit dehydrated so getting the fluid intake is my tough issue at the moment. I am now drinking skim milk 3 cups as my snack throughout the day to get my protein.

Had my surgery one week ago today. Spent one night int he hospital in a huge private room. Used a Morphine pump so pain control was pretty good. I walked the whole until the evening of my surgery. No nausea or vomiting at all but having a hard time getting suggested amount of protein and water in right now. I'm thinking by next week it will be easier. I get full so fast! I was on clear liquids the night of my surgery and left the hospital the next day on Protein drinks, cream of wheat and pudding. Had my one week MD check today and all is well. Feeling tearful at times..... Must be normal such a big change.

Glad to hear you're both doing well. I'm sitting here, up at 1:00am because of the pain. Everything went so well, now this. The percocet are only holding about 3 hours now (I have only ever had an opiate twice in my life, and have never taken percocet before). It is mostly RUQ, and burns, pulls, and stings like crazy, all around the biggest incision. It's like the first time they got me up, only a little worse. I don't have a temp., and everything else is okay. I am going to try and walk, walk, walk in the morning to see if it helps any. I do not want to call the Gen. Surg. resident on call, but will if I have to. Anyway, everyone hang in there. We are on the downhill slope now. :)

So sorry your are having all the pain. Good sign no fever. Is that area hit to touch and still firm? I have felt very down the past two days. Is it normal to be so tearful ? Hoping when I start on stage 3 will feel better.

I have not been on in a few days, but the first thing I did when I got on was check on how you are doing. SOOOoooo happy to hear all went well and you're doing ok. :0)

Back