• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I need Help

i had a gastric bypass 8 weeks ago 1-28-2020. Now i don't feel like eating, nothing taste good, i'm very weak, can hardly drink water and protein shakes. I go days with hardly eating and drinking. I just don't feel well at all. My stomach is upset right after i eat most of the time.
Have you contacted your doctor? That is always first piece of advice! Apart from that, I do go through cycles where I don't feel like eating much. Even if you are not eating a lot on those rough days, be sure to drink!!

i had a gastric bypass 8 weeks ago 1-28-2020. Now i don't feel like eating, nothing taste good, i'm very weak, can hardly drink water and protein shakes. I go days with hardly eating and drinking. I just don't feel well at all. My stomach is upset right after i eat most of the time.
Stay the course check with your Doctor and don't give up before the Miracles happen!!!

I have contacted my doctor several times.
nu
Yes? and what did your doctor say?

If your answer is that your doctor has not phoned you back, that is unacceptable. You are feeling bad. You should be given Medical Care, no matter where you have to get it. Not knowing you, I do not know your threshold for pain. I don't know if you enjoy complaining about things or feel sorry for yourself or if you are doing everything you are supposed to do, and are still in some kind of agony! Posts like this drive me crazy because you sound like you think you're going to die any moment now, and yet you have apparently not seen your doctor.

To be perfectly Fair, this could just be your body's normal reaction. You may actually just be adjusting. If you were extremely obese when you had the surgery, it is very possible that you are experiencing more pain than the average person would who was not more than a hundred pounds overweight.

If you would be so kind as to include more information about what's going on, we might be able to determine better if this is a normal response. Like, how much did you weigh? How much did you have to lose before the surgery? What kind of surgery did you have? Have you been eating protei and following your nutritionist guidelines? Do you take all the supplements you are supposed to take every day? Are you drinking almost 2 L of water a day? You should be. Have you been sick from something else? Is there a chance that what you are feeling is not related to your surgery?

For an entire year after surgery, it's all about change. Your taste change, your feelings change, your body changes, Etc. You are still alive 8 weeks after surgery, so I am going to hope all this feeling is just your body's way of adapting.

Do tell.

Back