• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I Too Am New

:D Hey everyone, I am happy to have founf this site. My date is tomorrow, I am having Bypass. I have a super wonderful caring doctor. Dr. Stegemann.

I will be posting photos as I walk down my losing path.

Last edited:
Good luck Shirley. Please keep us informed as to how you are doing and ask questions as there are so many here who have already been through this. Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey.

Welcome, Shirley! Congratulations on your surgery tomorrow.Best of luck to you! Tomorrow will be my one week post-op anniversary.

Thank u all for saying hello and your well wishes. Hope everyone is enjoying your evening. My nerves are still and not worried about tomorrow yet. Lol

hi Shirley and WELCOME TO THIS SITE, please come back and share your journey, I had mine done in sept,2012 and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself, you're on the road to a new healthier you, and the joy you experience as the pounds melt away, is a wonderful feeling. you'll find yourself actually liking to look in the mirror to see the NEW YOU, praying for you, you're gonna be fine. donna

Missirenee hi how are you feeling ???hope everything is going well for you. Donna
I'm doing pretty well. There was more pain than I imagined, and the pain in the RUQ is still there, but it is getting better. I have only taken one dose of pain medication today. My appetite is good...almost too good. I feel like I could eat anything, and I am only on pureed. I am so glad to be on the downhill side of healing. I am ready to lose some weight! Thanks for asking! :)

Back