• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Im 37 days post surgery and I cannot find anything I like to eat

Debbie S

Okay I need a lot of help here. I am 37 days post surgery and I am following my doctors diet plan BUT I cannot find anything i like to eat. I have tried fish, shrimp, cottage cheese, pudding, jello, baby food, mashed potatoes, protein shakes, and on and on. I have tried everything that I am allowed at this time but absolutely nothing appeals to me. Any suggestions?

Also, with this 91 degree weather it makes my appetite even worse because i am hungry, but i am not. I try hard to get all my fluids in but i know i am not at that 64 ounces that i need to be.

Please help.

Thanks
Debbie

Chew ice chips that will help with fluids When you say you don't like the food is it that it doesn't taste good or you don't feel good? Your tastes may have changed from things you use to think were good. Try cottage cheese and different Greek yogurts

Okay I need a lot of help here. I am 37 days post surgery and I am following my doctors diet plan BUT I cannot find anything i like to eat. I have tried fish, shrimp, cottage cheese, pudding, jello, baby food, mashed potatoes, protein shakes, and on and on. I have tried everything that I am allowed at this time but absolutely nothing appeals to me. Any suggestions?

Also, with this 91 degree weather it makes my appetite even worse because i am hungry, but i am not. I try hard to get all my fluids in but i know i am not at that 64 ounces that i need to be.

Please help.

Thanks
Debbie

Debbie,

This surgery can change your appetite and your taste buds. I really didn't have much of a desire for food for over a year after surgery but that is a good thing. Eat to Live.. don't Live to Eat. Food doesn't have to taste super wonderful. Many foods that I used to love suddenly didn't taste very good at all. Some foods actually made me nauseous. Food is no longer the great pleasure it had been in the past, so it's much easier not to over eat and stretch out your new tiny tummy. Drink your fluids, eat your protein and watch that weight melt away!

Cheyenne:cool:

hi cheyenne thank you very much for the words of wisdom it means alot , well counting down the days ,i am currently on a liquid s and let me tell you its not easy but i'm trying

Back