• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

im getting weighed monday , but i really dont want to

renie

i prefer to get weighed at my weight loss center , that way im weighed on the same scale . monday i'll be weighed on my pcp 's scale . im kinda excited and kinda not wanting to know . i know it sounds weird , my next appt at weight center isnt till 3/13 . well wish me luck . i''l let you know how i do . :)

Renie i know what you mean about being weighed, today i had to weigh at my pcp dr visit and her scales had a 3 lb difference than mine at home. I was disapointed but i know where i screwed up so i can't blame the scales , it was me. But trust me eventualy scales wil become your "friend" and you've done well with your weight loss so far. You are gonna succeed!donna

thank you donna for the positive reply , and that 3 lbs could just be water or you have needed to poop ..lol dont swear 3 lbs :)
much love renie

hi Donna thank you for you positive reply , . as far as your 3lb weight gain i wouldnt sweat it , it could be water or yould have quite possable needed to poop ..lol \
much love renie

Renie,

When weighing at your PCP's office, use the baseline or the very first time you weighed there. It will give you a better overall picture of how you are doing. For example the doc who does my mammograms weighs me and she uses the last visit I had as her baseline so it's an overall picture of how I am doing. My PCP does the same thing. I don't compare to my scale at home or the scale at the center. I see someone at the center about every 4-6 weeks so I only worry about that amount of time for those visits. I see my PCP every four months right now so it looks good to see how I did over four months and even better for the doc who does my mammograms because I see her every six months. Hope this helps. No two scales are ever the same but every scale gives you a weight. So, in effect over a period of time you if lose 10 pounds at home you should lose 10 pounds on any other scale for the same period of time although the actual number will not be the same. Joy

Joy
Thank you your post did help i have a home scale but choose not to use it b/c i dont want to get discouraged . i see my pcp every month right now b/c im diabetic and coming off insulin and i go to the center every 2 months .
thank you again
much love renie

I am the same lol. I weigh at my doc's visit on 2/12/2013. I hate the scales at home so I do not use them. I like to see a surprize on my face, hopefully a good one. You too,
Hugs,
Angie

Back