• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I'm Kathy and I'm starting the process !

KathyLev

I loved reading this forum - I feel like I found a bunch of friends :) Hello ! I started the process ... but like always ... it's up to the insurance company . I'm at the lower end of the BMI scale and I'm 68 years old & on medicare and United Health Care. . It's got me little worried that when it comes time to submit my plan to medicare , they might refuse me. So far, my docs are pushing me thru and don't seem worried , so maybe I'm just being paranoid ! LOL If everything goes to plan - I'd love to have my surgery next year on May 5 th . That will be my 50th wedding anniversary and it will the the best gift I can give myself :) I'm happy to be here !

Hi Kathy. My BMI was 35.2 at my first appt in March. I knew I didn’t want to do surgery until September and had same concerns. But it is true that they use your weight, BMI, and other health conditions that you have at your consultation. Good luck on your journey.

That’s awesome! I wish nothing but the best for you! I hope all the insurance stuff gets worked out. I had to pay cash pay but I’m on Obamacare and they don’t cover weight loss surgery

Back