• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Insurance

Hello, I am new to the group. I have had all of my pre op appointments done, just waiting on follow up notes to reach my surgeon and then all of my paperwork will be sent to the insurance company. I live in NY and have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. I do not have a surgery date as of yet but I am hoping insurance does not take too long. My surgeon and I have decided on the sleeve. Has anyone dealt with this insurance company before or know how long it takes for them to give the go ahead?

Hi Butterfly and welcome to the group. Sorry I don't have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, but my surgeon's office said the approval from my insurance company would take 5 days and 5 days later I had the approval. You might want to check with the insurance coordinator at your doctor's office, they should have the best idea. Hope this helps. Good luck in your upcoming journey.

Frank

:cool:

Back