• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introduction to me!!!

My name is Larry Mahnesmith. I am 43 years old and live in Santa Maria California. I have been here since 2004. I have always been over weight even as a child. I joined the U.S. Army in 1990 and dropped back to my weight of 165. I was in the military for a little while but was medically discharged due to mental health concerns. So after that the weight come back on. I have a daughter that was born in 1995 then a son in 2000. I was slowly putting on the weight then. In 1997 the tragedy of a life time happened my Mom comited suicide at the age of 45 my world was crushed so I turned to food. I am now the heaviest I have evr been in May of this year I was 365 now I am 329 pounds so I am getting there. In the last year I have been diagnosed with a lot of health problems. High blood pressure, obstructive sleep apnea, GERD, and may vitamin defincies lower back problems and diabetic pre, So here I am making a stand. I need all the support I can get. My surgery date is set for September 22, 2014.

My name is Larry Mahnesmith. I am 43 years old and live in Santa Maria California. I have been here since 2004. I have always been over weight even as a child. I joined the U.S. Army in 1990 and dropped back to my weight of 165. I was in the military for a little while but was medically discharged due to mental health concerns. So after that the weight come back on. I have a daughter that was born in 1995 then a son in 2000. I was slowly putting on the weight then. In 1997 the tragedy of a life time happened my Mom comited suicide at the age of 45 my world was crushed so I turned to food. I am now the heaviest I have evr been in May of this year I was 365 now I am 329 pounds so I am getting there. In the last year I have been diagnosed with a lot of health problems. High blood pressure, obstructive sleep apnea, GERD, and may vitamin defincies lower back problems and diabetic pre, So here I am making a stand. I need all the support I can get. My surgery date is set for September 22, 2014.

WELCOME to the Forum, Larry!

I also had many health problems before my surgery. Severe Sleep Apnea, Lung and Breathing problems from a Pulmonary Embolism, High Blood Pressure meds, Heart problems, High Cholesterol, and Insulin resistant although I didn't have diabetes (yet). I am now off my medicines, my lung problems which were horrible have disappeared. I don't have Sleep Apnea anymore. Life is good and I feel super great! You will feel better and better the more weight you lose.

I am so sorry you lost your Mom so tragically. Please accept my condolences.

Good luck with your surgery. Great job losing your pre-surgery weight :)

Cheyenne

Hi Larry so nice to meet you! I had my surgery on July 28th i am doing great! and the best thing is i am no longer a diabetic! let's do this journey together can't wait to meet my goal, good luck to you ! Denise

Back