• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introduction

autumnet

Hello everyone!
My name is Jennifer, Aka "Autumnet"
I had a Roux NY in 2011 after a scare in which I thought I had a heart attack. At 5' I weighed 289 lbs. the first year I went down to 120lbs. After that my highest weight was 189lbs, now I am at 133 lbs.
I've dealt with many issues throughout the years, loose skin, surgery to remove some of the loose skin, transfer addictions, gastrointestinal issues to name a few.
I don't regret my decision, my grandmother had a stroke in her early 50's because of her weight and lack of activity and she spent the rest of her years in a nursing home. That in itself scared me enough to proceed with my surgery. It's been quite the ride and is an ongoing challenge but here I am, alive and carrying on!

Welcome to the goup and thank you for your very detailed post. It's really good to know new members' backgrounds and history, and it helps to strengthen the bonding of the group as a whole. Most people don't have the surgery, lose all excess weight, and then stay at that weight for the rest of their lives. It's a journey, and there are obstacles, as well as shortcuts, along the way.

But the great thing about this group is that we are not inhibited by the kind of "stagefright" people often experience when trying to support and attend an "in-person" group, even when those groups are part of your local bariatric network. So we can be very vulnerable and unashamed. And most people (I think) have positive experiences here. I feel like I've made many true friends here, and I feel very encouraged and supported, no matter what I share.

And people, please use the "report" link below to let the administrators know we're getting spammed. They will listen and bounce these accounts, and your reporting is anonymous.

Back