• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Introduction

nwa_paul

Greetings,

New member here. I had the modified duodenal switch on the 18th. Since then I have had some ups and downs with today currently being an up day. I am hoping to find some tips and helpful suggestions about how to overcome the down days and some advice on what other members found helpful once they made it to soft and solid foods.

Welcome. This site is great, awesome and informative. Questions ask, support ask, share your feelings. Research, look for others who may have had the same issue. It is here. How to overcome down days, look for positives. Make yourself a list of positives, too often we focus on negatives. I read once it takes 10 positives to cancel 1 negative. Think of the rainbow not the silly puddle. Keep a notepad near so you can write down your positives. Ex. I like my hair, it has curls and body. ( my mother was always putting Bobbie pins in her hair to get curls like mine. ). Hope this helps. Be safe, choose to be happy, have fun look for silly stuff.

Greetings,

New member here. I had the modified duodenal switch on the 18th. Since then I have had some ups and downs with today currently being an up day. I am hoping to find some tips and helpful suggestions about how to overcome the down days and some advice on what other members found helpful once they made it to soft and solid foods.

Back