• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Is this dumping?

I am not sure that dumping happens with VSG however last night I had corn on the cob and a bite of hamburger no bread just the meat and after i ate the corn I ate 1 bite of the burger and as soon as I swallowed the meat I immediately felt horrible and ran to bathroom where I after a few minutes I did throw up and I felt fine immediately after. Is it the corn that was too much? Is it dumping? I'm confused but even though I love corn on the cob I guess it is OFF my menu for good

It may be too soon for corn on the cob, and corn contains cellulose, which doesn't break down easily. But it will pass through your intestines.

The best thing any of us can do is chew, chew chew until food is liquefied. Did you ever hear that old adage that every bite of food should be chewed 30 times before swallowing? Well, there's a lot of truth to that. It's really hard for me because I want to swallow SO BAD, but just keep salivating and then using the saliva to break the food down.

I've only dumped once and it felt like nausea times 10, and I didn't throw up. I just felt it moving down my digestive system, making everything uncomfortable, like diarrhea. I felt like I wanted to move my bowels, but fought to hold it in. But dumping is different for most people.

to prevent dumping, take tiny bites and chew them into liquid before swallowing. You'll enjoy your food for longer, too.

Dumping happens with any sort of gastric surgery. but it passes, so just try to stay calm.:cool:

Back