• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Isopure?????????????

mem222

I am pre-sleeved but am trying different protein items. Last night I drank an ISOPURE for dinner (in about 15 mintues) and I woke up at 12:45 with bad diarrhea. Do you think I had too much protein at one time?

I am pre-sleeved but am trying different protein items. Last night I drank an ISOPURE for dinner (in about 15 mintues) and I woke up at 12:45 with bad diarrhea. Do you think I had too much protein at one time?

Well, what else did you have for dinner; just the isopure? How much? One bottle. It has 15grams in it.

I love the grape isopure drink. I still use it to supplement on a day I come up short. It never gave me diarrhea. Lots of times, just the change in eating affects the bowels for a couple of days until everything adjusts.

My other favorite protein drink is Premier shakes 30g protein in vanilla or chocolate..

40 Grams

The bottles that I purchased are 20 oz., it is considered 1 serving and it has 40 grams of protein. I didn't have anything else until 2 hrs later when the reflux continued. I had a few bites of a Hamburger. Eating solid protein like cheese or meat helps with my reflux.

The bottles that I purchased are 20 oz., it is considered 1 serving and it has 40 grams of protein. I didn't have anything else until 2 hrs later when the reflux continued. I had a few bites of a Hamburger. Eating solid protein like cheese or meat helps with my reflux.

If you are doing the 20 ounces all at once you are having too much in too short a timeframe. If you tell me you are sipping it over a 2 to 3 hour timeframe then OK.

I have a smaller bottle that I take and finish. We now have very small stomachs and what we call reflux is really the experience a baby has, we need to burp. Many of us (including me and a few 2 year veterans that I know) have the burps for awhile after eating our meal especially for me if I do salads. I finally can do salads, but then I end up burping for an hour. No amount of Prilosec or Pepcid does the burping much good. It comes with the territory; just don't overfill yourself and learn to eat very slowly. If you feel the fullness or about to start the burping stop the meal, take a break come back to it later. It is part of our life now.

Thankyou

Thank you, I definitely drank it too fast (it tasted so good:rolleyes:) I am not sleeved yet, am waiting for insurance to approve, so I am trying out different protein products. I think I'll give my stomach a rest today and tomorrow night have 10 oz. but will sip it over a longer period.
Take care. Nice to see you again.

Whoops I thought you were post op already; sorry.

However, it is a good idea to sip it slowly now. This gets you some valuable practice for your post op existence. You will NOT be able to eat/drink anything quickly.

You will be on fluids. Carry a water bottle or whatever and sip sip sip.

Also, glad you like the Isopure. I drink the grape flavor. What flavor do you like?

Best wishes,

Ralph

So far I've had the orange pineapple/something else, and the grape and like them both. I haven't looked in the box to see what other flavors came.

Hi Ralph,
I've almost finished my case of Isopure... just ordered another. I am surprised that it is cheaper to order it online with free shipping than to go to GNC! They charge 5.50 at the membership rate! I ordered a tub of powder, am going to see how that goes... I am really funny with textures, that is why I like the liquid so much. I've been bringing a bottle to work and mixing it wish my water throughout the day. Works well. Going to the Dr. on Wed and need to have lost more weight or he'll cancel my surgery. I'm afraid to get on the scale..if I see a loss, I might cheat. my date is 12/22 - can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ralph,
I've almost finished my case of Isopure... just ordered another. I am surprised that it is cheaper to order it online with free shipping than to go to GNC! They charge 5.50 at the membership rate! I ordered a tub of powder, am going to see how that goes... I am really funny with textures, that is why I like the liquid so much. I've been bringing a bottle to work and mixing it wish my water throughout the day. Works well. Going to the Dr. on Wed and need to have lost more weight or he'll cancel my surgery. I'm afraid to get on the scale..if I see a loss, I might cheat. my date is 12/22 - can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am wishing you the best.

What a wonderful Christmas/Holiday present you are giving to yourself; the gift of life!

Ralph

Tomorrow is the big day for both of us! Hope all went well with your weight loss and you are still on schedule for tomorrow!

Back