• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

It is done!

dragonfly11

Hi All,
I'm home. The surgery went very well according to my doctor. I'm in an incredible amount of pain, but I'm sure it will all be worth it. I'm very swollen, gained 17 lbs. in the hospital so glad I lost 61 before going in. Had my surgery Tuesday. Any guesses as to when I'll be feeling some relief? Right now I'm in pretty good pain (but happy it's done!).

Glad to hear you are home. They did send you home with some pain meds, didn't they? Or at least tell you what you could have? You'll notice it lessens fairly quickly over the next few days, or it has for me, and I'm hoping the same for you.
Walking helps. Rest too. Don't overdo. And of course ... sip,sip,sip.

Glad to hear you are home and sounds as if things went well. Sorry you are having pain and hope they sent you home with something to take to alleviate or reduce it. Walking really does help and sip sip sip. You will lose that 17 pounds pretty quickly.

I'm so glad you're home! Sorry about the pain. Hopefully your pain meds help. For me each day was better than the last. Get rest, walk and get that fluid in. More fluid in = more fluid out!

Back