• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I've got a date!

I just wanted to add, if you can't take the vitamins for whatever reasons (not agreeing with your stomach, don't like the taste) you can always try the patch. I did not know about this until a week prior to surgery. I bought the patch at Patchaid.com. Per my surgeons office, I only needed the Multivitamin patch. It's easy, doesn't bother my skin and works. I just had my bloodwork done and everything is within normal ranges.

I just wanted to add, if you can't take the vitamins for whatever reasons (not agreeing with your stomach, don't like the taste) you can always try the patch. I did not know about this until a week prior to surgery. I bought the patch at Patchaid.com. Per my surgeons office, I only needed the Multivitamin patch. It's easy, doesn't bother my skin and works. I just had my bloodwork done and everything is within normal ranges.
I ordered the iron patch and hope it works.. I'm severely anemic

Surgery was 11/30, hernia repair went well Dr. found the source of my anemia and removed the upper part of stomach that was through diaphragm ( 5.5 inches) He then did the gastric sleeve and removed another 24 cm. I came home the next day. No problems. Some pain on the right side (the big incision), but doing well. I have never felt better. I have no problem with protein shakes or broth. I'm on full liquids until 12/20 when I see the surgeon again. I'm walking around a lot, can't go to the gym until January 15 and then treadmill only for 3 weeks. I had a checkup this morning with my GP and he said I look great, I'm down 26 pounds in 11 days. My iron is up 10 points, it was very low, they were considering an infusion. I got the green light for the patchaid vitamins. I like them. Thanks for reading and for all your encouragement.

Back