• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

January 26th

Rolling into the new year with big goals! My birthday is Jan 5 so I can have a little celebration with friends. Then it's on the pre-op diet and sleeve gastrectomy a few weeks later. Anyone on a similar schedule as me?

I will have it on January 25th, Sleeve and I had my last big meal yesterday with family and friends, today I start with my pre-diet and I start getting terrify about what to do for the post meals, as I do not have anyone to cook for me and I do not how to cook. :)

Class was good! Talked about different foods at different stages. My preop diet starts Jan 11th!
I too started today, I bought the package from the doctor's office, my problem will be the post-diet, I am not sure how i am going to do with the pureed stuff, does anyone know where i can buy meals ready to eat...like amazon perhaps? thank you and good luck

I too started today, I bought the package from the doctor's office, my problem will be the post-diet, I am not sure how i am going to do with the pureed stuff, does anyone know where i can buy meals ready to eat...like amazon perhaps? thank you and good luck
Many people are told they can eat baby food for puree .. But yuck lol

For puree I lived on refried beans. You aren't going to be eating all that much, so creamy soups etc will get you thru.

You can also ask your bariatric program if they have a recommendation. Mine had us buy high protein liquid meal s for our pre-op diet. So I know they make them. But, sadly I don't remember the name of the company.

What package? I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying. All the information you've mentioned so far should be addressed by a doctor, nurse and/or nutritionist. Don't take our advice. If you're taking this drastic step, it needs to be monitored by a professional.

Everyone knows how to cook if they can make a salad or a sandwich or heat up a can of soup. If people didn't know how to cook, or order food at a restaurant or delivery, there'd be a lot of dead people. Can you pour a bowl of cereal? A glass of milk? I'm not going to go on but you really need to talk to a professional, and I mean that in the most sensitive way.

What package? I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying. All the information you've mentioned so far should be addressed by a doctor, nurse and/or nutritionist. Don't take our advice. If you're taking this drastic step, it needs to be monitored by a professional.

Everyone knows how to cook if they can make a salad or a sandwich or heat up a can of soup. If people didn't know how to cook, or order food at a restaurant or delivery, there'd be a lot of dead people. Can you pour a bowl of cereal? A glass of milk? I'm not going to go on but you really need to talk to a professional, and I mean that in the most sensitive way.
Yes I can, is juts I am not used to cooking healthy food and is a bit overwhelmed that is all. But I am learning here too.

Class was good! Talked about different foods at different stages. My preop diet starts Jan 11th!
Me too. #twinning
I will have it on January 25th, Sleeve and I had my last big meal yesterday with family and friends, today I start with my pre-diet and I start getting terrify about what to do for the post meals, as I do not have anyone to cook for me and I do not how to cook. :)
You can do this! Don't worry so much about cooked food. I think if you get cold food or microwave simple things, you should be fine when you get back to solids.

Again, you will be eating fairly small amounts of food. So, a meal (frozen, restaurant or home cooked) is going to last for a few meals.

If you do not have one, get a small slow cooker.

Here's an easy crock pot recipe.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 medium jar salsa
1 can black beans
1 packet of taco seasoning .. Which is actually optional.

Throw it in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 on low.

Serve on lettuce as a taco salad OR on a tortilla as a taco OR on a baked potato OR on tortilla chips as nachos OR over rice, quinoa .. You get the idea lol

That will feed you probably 4 times if its just you eating!

I still only cook every 2-3 days, since my husband had weight loss surgery as well.

Even if you decide not to cook, a local diner that cooks their meals from scratch is not your worst option. Just try to avoid overly processed foods. They're Finland more and more health issues related to a processed diet.

Back