• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just be honest

I think for a while when I was with Kaiser Permanente before Covid we had to go to the hospital and so I will get weighed & then have the nutritional team whine at me and their medical voices. It was just so annoying and then it seem like anytime I wasn’t going to the meetings or the support group. I was losing weight on my own and then I would remember a childhood snack or something that I wanted as a kid, but couldn’t have because it wasn’t in the budget and then I would buy it in bulk, because I could not caring about all the sugar in the carbs and this and that I was always sabotaging my progress so the next time I had to go to a Whine session I would leave out of there with so much hurt that I just wish these people would leave me alone until I just dropped out and just wouldn’t do it now that I’m with a new insurance and I had to come out of pocket for the 360 program that my bariatric surgeon has I think in the and then on top of that because he said I could have it if I just do this this this that that this that this that and just a matter of 3 to 4 months it’s somehow put a fire under me that I’m not sabotaging myself and I couldn’t even if I wanted to because a lot of the things that I think I wanted the time my body just says oh well we’re about to digest this you’re gonna get sick nauseated and it’s gonna come out one way or the other so What? I think just knowing that this is something that I really really really wanna do besides have that carrot cake, whatever dessert that I wanted to have that this is just so much more important and I’m up for the task. I just have to write my letter. I’ve joined a bariatric group, which is this, and, I’m on the road to do everything else which has been accomplished, so just wanted to put in that

So I looked it up because earlier when I was asked, which one am I gonna have so I see that there is four of them on the list that I got the first one is a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy the second one is a laparoscopic gastric bypass the third one is the duodenal switch in the last one is the lap band so I believe I’m getting the third one because it is the most effective reversing and managing diabetes that’s the one I’m getting because the first one is if you have Crohn’s or some other complex medical conditions, then that’s the one for you, but if you have the second one, if you have the biggest key, I see is if you have heartburn or gastric reflux then that’s the one for you the third one is because I have type two diabetes and the last one the lap band is the safest of the procedures is reversible. However, the stomach is permanently, altered the intestines and not bypass so that there’s a less chance of nourishment is slightly less operating time and less time in the hospital, so yeah that’s the one I’m getting number three so just to answer your question

Back