• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just checking in

Sandie

Hi Just checking in, 3 mos since surgery. Had a tough time for the first few weeks getting in Protein drinks and fluids. Now I still do not drink much fluids but I can again drink the protein drinks if I want to. They are very filling but.... Went to the doctor today and have lost 31% of the weight I want to lose which is good. My doc says it is all going well!!!
I still get full very fast, sometimes I eat too fast and then want to vomit so SLOW IT DOWN and that will not occur. One day at a time really. I feel good, I look good and hope it continues!

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Is it hard getting the fluids down, or can you not get enough in between meals? The begining can be overwhelming, but the more time goes by the more natural this new way of eating becomes. One day or hour at a time is the best each of us can do. Keep doing what your are doing it is working.

My blood work came back and suprisingly it showed I am not dehydrated(I drink about a bottle of fluid a day if that) and my counts are great(dispite not taking my vits every day) and Calcium and etc seem all good. The vits are the Flintstones complete chewables and they are NASTY tasting, I gag getting them down but have found if I take them with having had a little peanut butter first then I can chew them and get them down faster and without as much trouble. I take Prilosec every day and that seems to go down fine by opening the capsule and putting on apple sauce but those vits.... So far have not had dumping syndrome even though had a chocolate chip cookie here or there. Will not push it though, heard a horror story about dumping syndrome where this woman literally dumped in her slacks without control while she was at a party SO I will be careful etc. Still do not eat very much, my eyes are ready for more but the stomach just shuts down and says NO MORE. I am losing weight very slowly but losing. I have not been to the Gym in weeks due to another problem but that should help and worry I am losing muscle mass instead of fat. Will get back in the gym soon. Glad it is behind me and on my journey, for those yet to have the surgery, do it, know it is a hard road ahead for a few weeks but them it all falls into place and you are on your way to a new, healthier life. It is not a miracle, it is hard work and sometimes you do not feel well etc but it is all worth every moment of discomfort.

Back