• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just checking in

Kathi_S

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to drop in, see how you all are doing and let you know that I am still around. I will try to be more active again soon.

This Wednesday I will be 6 weeks postop. I have lost 21 pounds since surgery, 37 lbs since consultation. My BMI has dropped from 36.6 to 30.7. I have only 5 more lbs to lose to be out of the obesity category!

My biggest health issue is low blood pressure. I'm having trouble getting in sufficient exercise because my blood pressure is running so low, it causes me to be lightheaded. I've always had low blood pressure, but for the last few weeks it's been in the 70-80's/50-60's almost constantly. I'm drinking a lot of water, more than 70 oz a day. I've come very close to passing out several times, and get this euphoric feeling just sitting in my chair or lying in bed.

Will be seeing my surgeon and dietitian this week. Also talked to my PCP nurse yesterday.

I hope you all are doing well.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to drop in, see how you all are doing and let you know that I am still around. I will try to be more active again soon.

This Wednesday I will be 6 weeks postop. I have lost 21 pounds since surgery, 37 lbs since consultation. My BMI has dropped from 36.6 to 30.7. I have only 5 more lbs to lose to be out of the obesity category!

My biggest health issue is low blood pressure. I'm having trouble getting in sufficient exercise because my blood pressure is running so low, it causes me to be lightheaded. I've always had low blood pressure, but for the last few weeks it's been in the 70-80's/50-60's almost constantly. I'm drinking a lot of water, more than 70 oz a day. I've come very close to passing out several times, and get this euphoric feeling just sitting in my chair or lying in bed.

Will be seeing my surgeon and dietitian this week. Also talked to my PCP nurse yesterday.

I hope you all are doing well.
Hey Kathi, do you take BP medication?

Back